Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Star Is Born! Or At Least A Proud Parent!

As many of you know my son has been home-schooled these past couple of years. But being the social guy that he is, I wanted him to be able to participate in other activities with kids his own age. One of the activities that I signed him up for this year was with a group called Christian Youth Theater. This is the first time he has participated in it. During the first 10 weeks of school he has been taking an acting class. He is a kid that is oozing with personality and acting seemed the obvious choice. He loves it! Last night was his "show case" where they were able to show what they have learned over the past 10 weeks. He had to perform lines from Shakespeare and also another play, "The Importance of Being Ernest". He did so well! I'm so proud of him. I didn't get a good picture of him up on the stage but here is one right before the program started. I could never have performed in front of people when I was in high school. I would have just died!


These kids did a great job! I didn't have him audition this time for the production of Anne of Green Gables. I wasn't ready to sign my life away with all the requirements for which each parent is responsible. But I told him he could audition for the winter show which will be "The Chronicles of Narnia". I know he is looking forward to it.



Yesterday was a fun day! I didn't have to work because of Veteran's Day so I was busy crafting. My best hours are in the morning and I was able to get so much done. It was wonderful! I stayed in my PJ's until 12:00. I drank a lot of coffee and did a lot of crafting.
Quite a few months ago my #1 and I went to one of our favorite stores and came away with some wonderful and large chandelier prisms. We only paid a $1.00 for each! I wasn't sure what I would do with them but a Christmas project was on the horizon. So yesterday I pulled them out and started sprucing them up for Christmas. Here is a picture of the final product. Sweet crystal ornaments!

If you look deep within all that ribbon you will see the crystal prisms.
Thank you for stopping by!

11 comments:

melanie said...

Really love the prisms and the wonderful ribbons that you put with them. Your blog is so wonderful! thanks,
Melanie

Anonymous said...

Hi , Debbie, I love Chronicles of Narnia , that would be aa awesome play to be a part of. I know its a Huge commitment on Moms part , too. At least until he gets his drivers license. Oh I bet you're not ready for that! Sue PS LOVE the prisms!

brenda sue said...

Ok, if I could find out ahead of time when the Chronicles of Narnia is going to be (I'm sure Jon will get a part!) I will plan on being there....I can't wait! Also, do you want to help me make some of those cute star ornaments?....only something a sister could ask. :)

Sinta Renee said...

How special for you and your son the be a part of the theater. I say the more memories you make and the more experiences he has the better. I love the prism idea. They will be bautiful on your tree.

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Hello there! I'm all about Shabby and Christian youth :) (Don't ask me to choose between them LOL :)
I put you on my sidebar. Those prisms are too cute! The stars too.

Miss Gracie's House said...

Isn't that seam binding just the best? It makes everything look soft, vintage and just beautiful! A simple but elegant creation!

How fun would it be to do "Importance of being Earnest"_ I think it is my all-time favorite! That sounds like an excellent outlet for your son-I wish we had something like it here.
Have a great week,
Rene'

The Vintage Rose said...

Hello and congratulations to your son! I found your blog today and enjoyed reading it. Liked seeing your 'finds' and hearing your story, come and visit my blog if you have time. I'm in Australia

Anonymous said...

The crystal ornaments turned out beautiful!! The theatre/acting experience sounds like a great opportunity for your son.

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Great that your son has the acting bug. My son got it too .....
I always thought it would be fun, but never had the nerve to get up in front of people either.
:)
~Becca~

Sharon said...

I am glad your son had a good time in the play. He will meet so many neat people and to speak in front of an audience is gift. I love the prisms and the idea you had was wonderful. I love the vintage look and the prisms looK very Victorian.......Sharon K

Kathy said...

Hi Deb!! The prisms look great!So does Jon but then I am partial:) we'll be up to Monticello with a cottage tomorrow, maybe well see you. Love kath