Monday, December 8, 2008

Need to get the Christmas tree!


I don't know about you but once the crafting ideas start flowing, it's hard to shut them off. Especially around Christmas. Here is a fun little project I did a couple of nights ago. All I needed were little socks, vintage postcards, tinsel and feathers.


Have you got your Christmas tree ?

We haven't! Usually we head up to the mountain with friends, the week-end following Thanksgiving. Of course, the tree stays on the deck for at least a week before it comes into the house as I'm not ready to put it up yet! So maybe I am on schedule!

This year was so busy that tree chopping didn't happen. So now we will most likely buy our tree off a lot. I don't know it doesn't sound as festive as looking for it up on the mountain. But, you got do what you've go to do! If I wasn't so cheap, a tree farm sounds pretty good too, we'll see! One more thing that needs to get done this week.

5 comments:

Denise said...

Those stockings are so wonderful. I would love to come to Monticello....I would go crazy shopping! Such wonderful things.

Kathi said...

Oh how precious. I love the stockings. We have not bought a tree yet either. I hope soon. We are so busy. Why is that? I hope to relax and enjoy the season. Happy Monday. Kathi

Maison Douce said...

Debbie, you are so talented! Your Christmas space at Monticello looks amazing!!
Isabel

A Sentimental Journey said...

love love love those little pretties!! No tree yet for us, but working on getting it SOON . . . . Merry CHRistmas!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Debbie, those are the sweetest stockings! You do such wonderful work. I sure wish I could be at Monticello to see all of my blog friends' spaces. No doubt they are gorgeous and full of fabulous things to take home.

xo
Becky