Monday, January 19, 2009

Saturday Finds!


I didn't hit to many sales this week-end. I believe the total was two. I had quite a bit more on my list but I had to many things going on this week-end. Here are a few things I managed to pick up though. I was able to get into a few vintage millinery flowers, which is always a hit. I also purchased the sweet hat box they are in.

I'm always a sucker for these tiny little chicks. I think they're about the cutest little things.

For the past few days we have had quite a bit of wind here in the Portland/Gresham area. Lots of trees have come down, causing power outages and damaged houses.
Our neighbor across the street had a large tree go down, hitting the house behind him. It caused a considerable amount of damage to the other house. What an awful thing for each of those neighbors to wake up too! Due to all the fallen trees hitting power lines our power went out Saturday night. So we woke up to a very cold house. We had a lot of things to do Sunday, so we were able to get out of the house and stay warm where ever we went. The electricity did come on about 4:00pm or so.

One of the things we needed to do was take Jonathan to rehearsal. Unfortunately, the High School in which they were rehearsing at lost their electricity too. But, we were able to use the building anyway so power generators and halogen lights were brought in. This will be a production the kids will not forget! Hopefully today power will be back on and they will get a lot of good practice in. Each of the kids learned how to put on their make-up last night. They had a lot of fun being together and helping each other out. Here is a sneak peak of the White Witch!



The last time I saw the White Witch, she was getting icicles put in her hair! This should be a lot of fun!

Well, I'll end this post just saying, "Thank you God for electricity", I'm a spoiled city girl!

7 comments:

melanie said...

I just love those see through hat boxes...and the flowers. And wow...the white witch looks amazing. That is just one of my favorite books/ movies of all time! Thanks for the fabulous blog of yours. It is always an inspiration to visit!
melanie

Kindred Roses said...

What great finds. Isn't Junkin fun?
Hope you have a great week
Julie

Rose of Sharon said...

Love your finds! I am a nut for those little chicks too. I buy them and then I think now what should I do with them! I actually have several vintge Easter baskets and I tuck them in there. I heard about those big wind storms, scary stuff! Stay safe!

:) Sharon

Mindy said...

Whew! I hope your roof stays safe. The hat box rocks! ~Mindy

Christa from Chloe Rose said...

Love the little chickies! They are so soft.....I only made it out to one sale this weekend too. I love old millinery flowers.....somehow they just made everything better back then ;o).

Blessings-

Christa
Chloe Rose

Anonymous said...

The White Witch is amazing - her hair and make-up .....Wow! I bet the play is keeping you Busy. Love the little flowers and chicks. Sue

Champoeg Rendezvous 09 said...

Melanie, What school is putting on the Play? Looks wonderful. Fran