Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Little Thrift Shopping


Today my #1 and I spent the day together.

I've had this week off so it was nice he could get a few days as well.

He is so sweet to accommodate the things I want to do.

I'm quite sure he'd rather of been fishing but he's a good sport.

We started off the morning with breakfast.

You know it's always cheaper to eat out on a week-day then the week-end, at least for breakfast.

We then ran around hitting a few thrift stores.

At one of the stores I found this wonderful old cabinet!


I had big plans for this cabinet.

I've wanted something old and pretty to put my T.V. in and this was it!

Unfortunately, the T.V. was bigger then the cabinet, just by an inch!!!

But, I haven't given up I'm still thinking.


Soon after that we came home.

Poor hubby another project!

I had an old table that I wanted him to cut down the legs on as I wanted a different coffee table in my living room.

And since he was off today and the sun was out, I thought it would be the perfect day for such a project!

I love how it turned out!

I love the old natural wood on the top with just a bit of paint peeking through.


What a trooper I married!



It's always great to have him home!

I hope he doesn't decide to go back to work tomorrow!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

That table is so awesome...I love it!!

Nancy

Maison Douce said...

Love that cabinet, Debbie!!! You did good.... My husband is a trooper like yours too... He is always up for anything, as long as it makes me happy!!
Isabel

Florence said...

I love what you did for that table, I have a table that I have been thinking about doing the same thing. Florence

The Attic Girls said...

Oh my...I think I would go and buy a new tv that's 1 inch smaller! LOL Please don't paint that cabinet..the wood is gorgeous! Love the new coffee table too!

Sue at Serendipity said...

My husband, not being the trooper yours is, convinced me to leave this behind yesterday while we were in Portland shopping.

I'm happy it found a wonderful new home and you're welcome! LOL!

P.S. Are you the lady who was admiring it with me?

Ange said...

What a gorgeous cupboard. I'm sure you'll find a spot for that in your home.
I've been looking out for a table to cut down for a coffee table too. Looks like you found the perfect one, it looks so great!
Angex

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

I love the cupboard! Lucky find! The table came out great ~ don't you just love having a handy honey!

W.C.Camp said...

You did a nice job. I am always scared to mess with furniture but you seem to know what you are doing. I wrote on using the internet to find garage sales and map your route. Check it out. W.C.C.
http://pjmonolog.blogspot.com/2010/04/high-tech-hunting.html

brenda sue said...

Deb, I love both the cabinet and the coffee table . What fun finds!

Angela said...

I've got one of those good guys too. God is so good to us!!
Angela