Monday, October 13, 2014

A Little Unusual

On Friday I hit an estate sale that sounded pretty good.

I didn't know what I'd find but it looked like there was a lot of stuff.

I headed first to the outbuildings.

The first thing I spotted was a wood box of face molds.

Clearly they had not been taken care of as dust and dirt had collected on them.

I had never seen anything like it before.

Each one of them were different and had the individuals name on them.

So, I brought them home, cleaned them up and packaged them.

Since Halloween is right around the corner I took them to the shop to sell.

A little unusual but it's fun to pick up "unusual" sometimes.

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Debbie said...

These are very unusual. what were they used for originally?
Enjoy your week.
Debbie

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Those are totally cool and can't imagine finding them often! Perfect for Halloween!

Sarita Boyette said...

I taught school in Irving, Texas before I retired and the teacher's instruction center had a wall of faces like these. The best I remember is that an (or a group of) art teacher(s) made facial molds of children and staff throughout the district. Then they were hung in a pleasing artistic manner on a main wall so all who entered could see this "sculpture." Maybe you have found a similar sculpture that was dismantled.