Saturday, May 10, 2008

Yard Debris Day

Well, today wasn't the most exciting day but it was one of those days where you do one of the things you have wanted to do for a long time! The neighborhood was sponsoring a free yard debris day. A day I don't like to miss because it means clean-up day around my house, yeah!

I have to say it kills me to go there because I'm afraid I will see something old thrown away and I can't get my hands on it to retrieve it. We had to drop our son off on the way there and wouldn't you know I saw a wonderful metal slider on the top of someones pick-up. As we were going by, my son says, "Mom, don't even think about it! " Teenagers, you've got to love them! To make a long story short. We dropped him off ,came back to the drop off as the slider was being put in the dumpster. I jumped out of the truck just in time to save it from an untimely death, it was a close one! I just love it! A little white paint, pretty floral cushions, my best find of the day! Oh yes, I also got rid of a lot of yard debris. Overall a pretty good day!


4 comments:

Country Wishes said...

OHHHHH I love the bench seat!!

A Wild Thing said...

Boy did you score girl...my Grandson used to keep an open eye to the side of the road, so he would know when to duck behind the seats...gotta love them.
sharon

FrenchGardenHouse said...

What a great bench! Just tell your kids it's the ultimate way of being "green" and eco-friendly. I had my "trash" rocking bench for over thirty years, and loved it every minute.:)
xo Lidy

Myrna said...

Hi Debbie,
Just found your blog and love it!
Wish we had a 'debris' day where I live..well, maybe my hubby's grateful we don't ;-).
I just started my own blog a week ago..come by for a visit sometime..
Blessings,
Myrna--More-than-Heirlooms