Monday, May 4, 2009

A Little Shopping and Time With Family


Oh boy! The lilacs are in bloom right now so I just couldn't resist picking a bunch for my home.

Kind of like bringing a little Spring indoors.

I was able to hit a few estate sales this week-end.

On Friday there was a real good estate sale but alas I had to work and couldn't make it until after 12:00.

I managed to pick up a few items but visualized all the wonderful things that were probably in that house.

Here are a few of the finds I found this week-end.



I love the graphics on this old box. Fortunately, I was able to take off the price tag, that was smack dab on the front, without tearing up the box.


I finished up a table also.

It started out brown but I replaced that with white paint and added vintage wallpaper under the glass.


Saturday afternoon we headed for Eugene to celebrate birthdays with family.

Here is my niece Sarah, she celebrated her 7th birthday!


And this "cutie-patootie" is my grandniece.

It was so fun seeing her.

These little ones grow up so fast.


Below is Maya and her Uncle Caden.

Maya's Aunt Sarah got a bicycle helmet for her birthday.

It was a hit!


Thanks so much for stopping by.

I always appreciate hearing from you.



7 comments:

Anita said...

Love your niece's skirt! Too cute!

Unknown said...

Those lilacs are so beautiful! I love all your treasures....I love what you did with that table....so pretty!

June said...

I love that little ottoman with the ruffle, and of course the mirror. It sounds like you had a great time with those darling little ones.

vintagebejoyful said...

love, love your little table, what a great idea, I have one similar and was going to use photos, I think I like yours better.....thanks so much for sharing all your great finds.....

Tracey

debi said...

Looks like alot of fabulous finds to me. Love your pretty table...nice job!

Sonia said...

Lovely finds. Your table came out really shabby and pretty too. Your family looks wonderful.
Sonia

The Pink Rose Cottage said...

You found some wonderful items for going to the estate sale late! You lilacs are beautiful!! As are all the little kids!

Holly