Friday, August 8, 2008


Early Thursday morning we woke up to a down pouring of rain. It was only for a brief period of time and the sun eventually came out. I was so glad as we had a barbecue to go to that evening. It was fun to get together with friends and enjoy the evening. The spread was yummy and beautiful at the same time. I had a great picture of a salad that a friend of mine made and on the top of it she had created a rose with a tomato, what a fun idea. Unfortunately it turned out blurry! I have to remember to take more than one photo of an item!

A big bounce slide was set up for the kids and adults to play on, it's always a hit.


Today #1 and I headed out for some estate shopping. We hit Starbucks on the way. We made sure to get a receipt as you can get a $2.00 iced Frappucino after 2:00 pm. I found out later that even though you buy two drinks in the morning, your receipt is only good for one drink. We'll have to work that a little differently next time.


One of the sales we went to was on a houseboat. I have to admit, I've never been on a houseboat. It was quiet nice. There was an upstairs with wonderful walk-in closets. I did end up with a few items. I picked up a bunch of slips for a friend of mine.

We did hit a few more sales before the houseboat. Here is a picture of some of the things I purchased.


What's really scary is that when I look at this stuff, I realize that half of it's going to stay with me! What's that all about?

1 comment:

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

It always amazes me when I see my friend's finds who live in Oregon. Is it that allll of the sweet vintage things wind up there? I love that little guy holding his skies! And what is that box next to him with the little cottage? Debbie, you really found some sweet treasures and, like you, I would have huge seperation anxiety over letting them go. :)
xo
Becky