Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Well, I'd love to tell you that I am finished with my studio but it's quite a long process. You know how once you clean one room, I mean really clean, it just leads to cleaning another room. Everything from that room ends up in different parts of the house. Well, that's where I am! Whew! It wears me out just talking about it.

One of the projects I worked on last week was my note board. I knew what I wanted so I instructed my husband and he did a great job.

First I started with an old picture frame, it was quite large so I needed him to cut it down to just the right size.

Not, a really easy task as the frame wasn't your typical flat boards.

Next came the cork board, he purchased that at Office Depot, a little spendy I think, about $24.00. Of course I went to Goodwill a couple of days later and found a cork board that would have worked great for a lot less money. But, it might not of been there when I needed it, a least that's what I keep telling myself.

Next he cut the board down to fit.

I have to tell you I took more pictures of how I made this note board but I can not find them at all, new computer, do I have to say anymore.

Anyway, next I took a vintage piece of cotton fabric with beautiful roses and stretched it over the top and glued it in the back. This I then handed over to my sweet husband who attached it to the frame.

Here are pictures of the finished product, I am pleased with it!

I have to say I'm keeping my husband pretty busy. A couple of weeks ago, the company he worked for laid his whole department offf. He had been there for 23 years. So, this is an interesting time in our lives. We are truely expecting good things from all of this.

Hope you have a wonderful evening!

Debbie

1 comment:

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

What a beautiful memory board! I love the fabric you chose to go with the white shabby frame. Just perfect! Oh, and btw, I am admiring all of your pretty pictures on the left sidebar!! Love the birds and I spy a scotty, too. I have the same one!! You have a wonderful eye for things!!

xo
Becky