Thursday, June 12, 2008

I Love Summer!

I love having the summer off! It's great not always having to be somewhere at a particular time. Perhaps choosing to work on my craft projects still wearing my pj's. I am a bit of a morning person and sometimes I just don't have time to get dressed right away. I love the freedom to sometimes lounge around, drinking coffee, reading or writing (blogging) for a portion of the morning.

Yesterday I said good-bye to my man-cub for six days. His best friend moved to Grants Pass about a year ago and they love getting together and doing "guy stuff". My parents were driving to Medford to see my sister so he hitched a ride. That puts me in the position of being foot loose and fancy free.

Yesterday I headed for Borders where I splurged and bought a book I've wanted. It's called Vintage Vavoom, and if you haven't looked at that book, it's a fun one. Romantic Homes actually came to Monticello and took pictures some of which were featured in the book. It was fun looking through it and getting inspiration.

Another place I journeyed to yesterday was Lowes to look at paint for my kitchen. I picked "Araucana Blue". The color is supposed to match the color of the eggs layed by Araucana chickens. I hope I like it.

Why is buying paint such a major thing? Probably because at $29.00 a gallon I don't want to buy it again.

Another place to which I traveled yesterday was Goodwill. I can't pass those up and since I had to make a drop off a donation, I might as well go in, right? I had a $10.00 off coupon so it just made my purchase even sweeter. I made my first search in vintage jewelry where I purchased a couple of pearl necklaces. Can a girl ever get enough pearls?

Thank you for stopping by. Be sure to check back tomorrow for a special post.

1 comment:

Shab-n-Chic said...

First off..no man cub? Lucky Girl! Where do I sign up? :) I do want to pick up that book for myself. Saw them on eBay awhile back but forgot about it until I read your post. Hey, staying in pj's until late morning is commonplace around here. I do have to get moving today though... Enjoy your free week!