Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Finishing Projects!


Is there anything more special than your son coming in, after mowing the lawn, with a rose in his hand giving it to his mom?

A perfect picture for my White Wednesday post.

What would have made it more perfect is if it would have been my rose bush and not the neighbors!

.....Just teasing! It was my rose bush!

This morning I woke up to a mess!

Our month was up in the window at Monticello so what I couldn't get in my booth came home with me.

In addition to that were the things I had bought this week-end.


(pretty vintage potholders)

One of the things I did was to make a liner for an unusual old cart I had picked up last week-end.


It's a fun cart as the basket comes off.

I needed to get it done as I also bought a box full of old fraternity pledge paddles that I needed to get marked and taken to the shop.


It worked perfectly filled with the old paddles!

Two more things out of the house!

Yeah!

That's always a good thing!


If you are fortunate enough to go to Farm Chicks this week-end my good friend Sue has made some wonderful liners for her carts.

Perfect for holding all your treasures while shopping!

A BIG thank you to Kathleen of Faded Charm for hosting White Wednesday.

Have a great evening!

19 comments:

Faded Charm said...

How sweet of your son and it was white which is also a bonus. Love your cart and liner. I need to learn how to sew these liners as I keep finding baskets that need them.

Take care,

Kathleen

raggygirlvintage said...

Love your little basket! I think we need a tutorial please, I saw a similar basket in the thrift store but was too intimidated to figure out the lining...
Tracey

oldgreymare said...

Great minds....We both finished projects! woo-hoo!

Suzan

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Finished projects...finished projects...just music to our ears!!! Congratulations!!!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Very classy liner! Love the stripes. Projects? What projects? Jacqueline

Amanda at 32˙North said...

Hi Debbie,

The liner really made that basket special - nicely done!

Amanda

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie , Well , great minds do think alike! Love the liiner :0)
So you got all moved out of the window - I bet your space looks great. We are headed in to the shop in the morning for one last " fluff"
See u soon

Angela said...

Love the basket and liner!! I guess you raised that guy right!

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Who has the sweetest son ever???
Great cart and liner.
~Debra
Blog: Capers of the vintage vixens

★Carol★ said...

I love that cart! And your son bringing you a rose reminds me of the time that I brought home a big bouquet of tulips for my mother, and they were from the neighbor's garden! I had to go and apologize, and it was horrible!
It's my first White Wednesday, so I'm very happy to meet you!
Happy WW!
Carol

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Love your post today ~ reminded me of my son bringing me buttercups or dandelions!

Barbara Jean said...

Love those little carts.
Need to get me one!

blessings

barbara jean

Rust: Vintage Inspired Design said...

What a very pretty post!
Happy WW!
xojanis

Miss Gracie's House said...

Treasure those moments...so, so sweet! Yes, it is always a good thing when things go out of the house! the liner turned out so cute!
You're not going to FC? Me, neither. I'm missin' it.
Rene

Debbi said...

Hi from another Debbi in Oregon--I am just east of Salem. Love your creations!

shirley said...

Debbie: Your son takes after his Mom picking the neighbors flowers , just kidding remember the peonies
that looked like balls. Anyway Happy 25th Anniversary , what a joy you , Bob and Jon have been to us these 25 years. Love Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that old metal cart!! It looks beautiful with the liner you've made for it!
Have a great day!
~ Jo :)

Anonymous said...

P.S. Ahhh, that is so sweet of your son! :)

Unknown said...

love the liner you made for the cart!

Karen