Friday, August 20, 2010

Doors!

(door #1)

Doors...Can you get too many?

Twelve...is that too many?

My #1 thinks it is!

Yesterday, while pondering the big question of...should I or shouldn't I?

I was wondering if it would be worth seeing a grown man cry when he found out that I just bought two more amazing doors.

(door #1)

I decided it was worth it, he'd get over it!

I mean, you just can't produce this kind of fabulous chippy paint!

It takes years!

(door #2)

I don't have years.

I have a project in mind and these doors would be perfect!

Before you start to think I'm addicted to doors, I do use them for shows!

They make wonderful backdrops.

(door #2)

But for this project I needed doors with windows, and that's what I found!

Thanks to Sue's husband Joe, who hauled these to my truck, I was able to get these home!

Do you want to see what kind of an estate sale at which I purchased these?


This was a farm sale.

There were a couple of outbuildings as well as things all over the land surrounding the house.


There were many things to see and to find.

I looked at this stack and thought of Frank & Mike.

I wondered if they would have found something great from it.


Well, I drove away with a bunch of items for the upcoming show at Monticello.

I know my friends Sue and Julie as well as another Julie, all from Monticello, found some great items too!

Be sure not to miss the show, you'll be in for a real treat!

18 comments:

A Treasured Past said...

Wow! That estate sale looks awesome. The doors are fantastic too! Tamara :)

Anonymous said...

Drooling... 12 doors! Come on, Debbie... share the wealth (LOL)! Your doors are gorgeous!! I was looking for vintage doors and windows on my last treasure hunting excursion and couldn't find one... not even one! I'm not giving up, though. ;o)
That estate sale looks awesome! Wish I could be at Monticello to see all of the fabulous things you found. Hope you take lots of pictures for us to see. :)
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs ~ Jo

Karen said...

oh my goodness ... as I looked at the first pic of the yard .. I thought Mike and Frank should come to this coast and pick because of all the dirt and rust and stuff that was there and then as I scrolled down you wrote the same thing I was thinking .. guess antiquers and junkers all think alike!

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Good for you, you can never have too many doors and I agree about that dreamy, chippy paint! Happy weekend!

Florence said...

What great doors you found. I have to be careful how many of those doors I bring home too. What a grand Farm Estate Sale. Florence

Anonymous said...

ooh you are as bad as me, I love old doors!! the chippier the better
alicia

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I sure would like to spend some time at that great farm sale, Wow!
Look at all that rusty, crusty stuff. Yum!

I love that door, it doesn't get any better than that one! I like using them in my booth too

I wish I could make it to your sale, but sadly I can't. Hope you do well.

hugs
Sissie

Curtains in My Tree said...

OMG (oh my gosh)
I would have fought you for those, no I wouldn't but I Love them. I hope to see them when I come out to Portland next spring. They will be sold for sure. I am so happy I have found so many places to visit out your way. Monticello is on the list , i read great things about it.
I bet Frank & Mike would love to have been there. I am in love with those young men from American Pickers. Like lots of others.

Anne Lorys said...

My jaw just dropped.
Holy cow, I'm speechless!
What a sale!!!

Kindred Roses said...

Those are really yummy>you scored!
It was good to see you at the sale. It was a great one :)
Blessings
Julie

June said...

Oh Debbie, I adore a farm sale. I think I get more of a thrill out of those than any other sale.
No, no, no, you can never have too many doors. Especially when they are as great as these!
hugs

Unknown said...

I love old doors too, I have one large and one small old cabinet door. Can't wait for your post from the show. I've been hanging on to the small door, trying to come up with a fabulous idea for it, but it just hasn't come to me yet. Maybe you can inspire me! I am also a huge fan of American Pickers...my husband bought me the 1st Season on DVD and we are waiting for the 2nd Season to go on sale!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Yes! I'd be thrilled if I found just a couple at any price! Great score! Jacqueline

Debra@CommonGround said...

They're wonderful! What's a little complaining from the spouse?
xo,
Debra

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

He will have to get over it...one can NEVER have enough doors!!! LOL!!!

Rebecca said...

Wish I could have been to that sale-it looks fantastic!!!!

the old white house said...

WOW! That sale looks like it had some great treasures! I love doors too, I mean who doesn't? :) Those are great, I can't wait to see what you do with them! Theresa

clustres said...

Great, great doors!