Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It Makes Me Smile!


So, do you have things that you collect that don't cost a lot but you just like them?

Here is one of those items for me.

I guess I like the fact that it's old.

the pretty colors it came in...

the texture.....

the old labels on each end....


and that it's paper.

Old curli-cue ribbon.


I usually pick these up for a quarter.

This is just one of those things that makes me smile when I find them.

What inexpensive thing do you look for that brings a smile to your face?

I'd love to hear about it!

3 comments:

rosenresli said...

Hello,

I´m new in the blogworld too. I like it so much if I find pretty small milk jugs with floral prints - mostly I find them on ebay for 1 euro. I have a little collection of them. I collect many things, for example staffordshire spaniels, porcelain cake servers with floral print, books, enamelware, dishes with floral prints, bird houses and nice stuff for the garden. And yet I read again in your nice blog.

best greetings from germany!

Gail said...

Debbie,
Wherever do you find such luscious ribbon? I didn't even know it used to be made of paper!
I love everything about those too, I'll be on the lookout while I'm thrifting...

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

The ribbons put a smile on my face too. My mom had a lot of ribbons in different colors. and I kept all that stuff after she died. She was into crafts making all kinds of things and I enjoy it just as much.

Enjoy your evening-