Friday, August 20, 2010

Doors!

(door #1)

Doors...Can you get too many?

Twelve...is that too many?

My #1 thinks it is!

Yesterday, while pondering the big question of...should I or shouldn't I?

I was wondering if it would be worth seeing a grown man cry when he found out that I just bought two more amazing doors.

(door #1)

I decided it was worth it, he'd get over it!

I mean, you just can't produce this kind of fabulous chippy paint!

It takes years!

(door #2)

I don't have years.

I have a project in mind and these doors would be perfect!

Before you start to think I'm addicted to doors, I do use them for shows!

They make wonderful backdrops.

(door #2)

But for this project I needed doors with windows, and that's what I found!

Thanks to Sue's husband Joe, who hauled these to my truck, I was able to get these home!

Do you want to see what kind of an estate sale at which I purchased these?


This was a farm sale.

There were a couple of outbuildings as well as things all over the land surrounding the house.


There were many things to see and to find.

I looked at this stack and thought of Frank & Mike.

I wondered if they would have found something great from it.


Well, I drove away with a bunch of items for the upcoming show at Monticello.

I know my friends Sue and Julie as well as another Julie, all from Monticello, found some great items too!

Be sure not to miss the show, you'll be in for a real treat!

18 comments:

A Treasured Past said...

Wow! That estate sale looks awesome. The doors are fantastic too! Tamara :)

Secret Garden Cottage said...

Drooling... 12 doors! Come on, Debbie... share the wealth (LOL)! Your doors are gorgeous!! I was looking for vintage doors and windows on my last treasure hunting excursion and couldn't find one... not even one! I'm not giving up, though. ;o)
That estate sale looks awesome! Wish I could be at Monticello to see all of the fabulous things you found. Hope you take lots of pictures for us to see. :)
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs ~ Jo

Karen said...

oh my goodness ... as I looked at the first pic of the yard .. I thought Mike and Frank should come to this coast and pick because of all the dirt and rust and stuff that was there and then as I scrolled down you wrote the same thing I was thinking .. guess antiquers and junkers all think alike!

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Good for you, you can never have too many doors and I agree about that dreamy, chippy paint! Happy weekend!

Florence said...

What great doors you found. I have to be careful how many of those doors I bring home too. What a grand Farm Estate Sale. Florence

Time Worn Style said...

ooh you are as bad as me, I love old doors!! the chippier the better
alicia

sissie said...

I sure would like to spend some time at that great farm sale, Wow!
Look at all that rusty, crusty stuff. Yum!

I love that door, it doesn't get any better than that one! I like using them in my booth too

I wish I could make it to your sale, but sadly I can't. Hope you do well.

hugs
Sissie

Curtains In My Tree said...

OMG (oh my gosh)
I would have fought you for those, no I wouldn't but I Love them. I hope to see them when I come out to Portland next spring. They will be sold for sure. I am so happy I have found so many places to visit out your way. Monticello is on the list , i read great things about it.
I bet Frank & Mike would love to have been there. I am in love with those young men from American Pickers. Like lots of others.

Anne - Fiona and Twig said...

My jaw just dropped.
Holy cow, I'm speechless!
What a sale!!!

Kindred Spirit Soap Co. said...

Those are really yummy>you scored!
It was good to see you at the sale. It was a great one :)
Blessings
Julie

June said...

Oh Debbie, I adore a farm sale. I think I get more of a thrill out of those than any other sale.
No, no, no, you can never have too many doors. Especially when they are as great as these!
hugs

Margaret MacCabe Ritchie said...

I love old doors too, I have one large and one small old cabinet door. Can't wait for your post from the show. I've been hanging on to the small door, trying to come up with a fabulous idea for it, but it just hasn't come to me yet. Maybe you can inspire me! I am also a huge fan of American Pickers...my husband bought me the 1st Season on DVD and we are waiting for the 2nd Season to go on sale!

Cabin and Cottage said...

Yes! I'd be thrilled if I found just a couple at any price! Great score! Jacqueline

Debra@Common Ground said...

They're wonderful! What's a little complaining from the spouse?
xo,
Debra

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

He will have to get over it...one can NEVER have enough doors!!! LOL!!!

Rebecca said...

Wish I could have been to that sale-it looks fantastic!!!!

Theresa said...

WOW! That sale looks like it had some great treasures! I love doors too, I mean who doesn't? :) Those are great, I can't wait to see what you do with them! Theresa

clustres said...

Great, great doors!