Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Make Mine Pink!


This is what happens when your son goes to visit a friend for a week.

Time!

Not as much running here and there from one place to another.

Empty nest is coming quickly, I know I will miss those days.

So what did I do today....sew!

I decided to make another top.

I just love this pattern it's so simple and quick!


This time I took another Rachel Ashwell sheet (with a ruffle) and made it into a blouse.

I love how it turned out!

I used Simplicity Pattern 2415 for this blouse.

I also made a seat slipcover, it was good to get a few things made today.

Since the blouse is pink I thought I'd take my camera and capture a few more pink items I had around the house.

Check out these roses.


Aren't they pretty!

Lisa from A Thing For Roses gave these to me a few months ago.

Four boxes of them!

I thought they'd be perfect attached to little packages that go out in the mail.

Love them, thanks Lisa!


Ribbons...I enjoy those!

Here are some pink feather posies!

I've had these for years.

I really think they're pretty neat so they've stayed with me.


This is a sweet sixteen topper.

I've never run across one of these before.

Kind of a fun topper.


A pink fish pincushion!

This was a purchase from Lisa, she gave me a "whoppin" good deal.

Very Sweet!

I don't have a lot of pink anymore but I have saved a few things!

And of course I still love to wear it!

11 comments:

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Debbie ~
I just love love your
precious blouse ~
I want to make one so
bad ~
What pattern is that ?
It is darling with
the little ruffle
on the bottom ~
xoxo
Lori

stefanie said...

that blouse is fabulous!!!! I am in love!

blessings said...

LOVE your blouse!! And your feather posies are lovely too =)

Blessings... Polly

Anonymous said...

I just love the blouse & all the other pink things!!
As for "empty nest".... Yep, it is everything they say & more!!
Love,
Marilyn

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I want to make that blouse too. Will you share the pattern number?

Those little roses are so sweet and I love the fish. So many pretty pinks!

hugs
Sissie

laurie -magpie ethel said...

I have the same fish pincushion but in green. Love the blouse...same pattern as the one I have seen you in before? Totally cute! You are lucky you are good with a sewing machine!

Unknown said...

I love the blouse! I would love to know the pattern #, please share.

My Vintage Mending said...

stopping over from Magpie Ethel. I love the top, I would love to know the pattern. Beautiful blog. Thanks for sharing.

Sharon said...

I realize this is an older post, but I can't find where you might've put the pattern number for others to find for this very cute shirt idea. I found this post via Pinterest and really like the idea of using a sheet! If you could please let me know through a reply if you created the pattern yourself or used a pattern I could find, I would be grateful :)

Unknown said...

Simplicity pattern 2415. She said it in the beginning :)

Barbara Jean said...

Love that sweet little blouse. looks so cute on you.
I love things like that but always feel 'fat' in them.
Might give it a try anyway.

thanks for giving pattern number.
hope still in stock or something similar. looks pretty easy.

blessings
Barb