Saturday, August 7, 2010

Update!


I thought it would be a great idea to pick a bunch of Thistles for the Fall Show at Monticello (you know "fluff") until....I woke up this morning to see all the "down" all over the table.

I didn't think about that!

(look real close, they're everywhere!)

It started growing last night.

"Down" popping out from the purple flowers.

I found it fascinating!

When I awoke this morning I was amazed at how much more down had come out of a single flower.

Just like bubbles overflowing in a bathtub.

I didn't want to disturb the down as I wanted my son to see it.

But I couldn't wait around as I had to do some treasure hunting!

I was crossing my fingers hoping when my son saw it he wouldn't start blowing it around the house and we'd be covered with Thistledown!

Whew, he didn't!

I don't know that I'll have Thistle bouquets in the future, but they sure are pretty..... outside.... in someone else's yard!

3 comments:

Faded Charm said...

They are very pretty when in bloom and now I see why so many get reseeded in my yard from across the road.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Kathleen

laurie -magpie ethel said...

I had no idea that thistles did that...another thing I have learned it blogland. Nature never ceases to amaze.

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
Who knew?? I can see the beautiful bouqet you started with as I type this and am amazed how plants change from one phase to another. I think that's why I love gardening so.
I also wanted to let you know I have an award for you over at my blog. :)
Have a great day!
Hugs ~ Jo