Sunday, November 9, 2008

Things have been pretty busy around here. My house seems to be filling up with furniture as well as boxes of Christmas items and oh so many craft projects. I have less then a month now before the Christmas show at Monticello. I hope you will be able to come and see all the beautiful Christmas displays and the amazing participants. One thing I am really looking forward to is getting my house back. It will be nice to take all this furniture and the boxes of Christmas items to the shop. I am so looking forward to that! I've put a cut off date for crafting as the 15th because it always takes so much time to price everything. That is not my favorite things to do. I'd rather buy and craft!
I was able to get in a few estate sales this week-end. I'm sorry but I don't have a lot of pictures but here are a few I took. I love the look of vintage books and I was able to pick up quite a few of them this week-end. Some dating back to the 1800's. I'm afraid I just buy books that I think have a good look to them. I'm not someone who knows anything about books. Maybe it's a "girl thing". I just buy them if they're pretty or have a certain look that I'm after.

I picked up this sweet little vintage doll stroller. I think it will look great filled with a bunch of old Christmas items. This will go to the show.



One of my most favorite finds were these vintage flash cards, from 1959.



Aren't they fun? So many great possibilities. Well, I'm off again. My craft room is calling me!

3 comments:

melanie said...

I was born in 1959...these are great...and I guess that I am pretty vintage! thanks for the fun blog. Melanie

Maison Douce said...

Great finds, Debbie!! I have a thing for little strollers...
Isabel

Anonymous said...

Lovely treasures!