Sunday, May 4, 2008

Lilacs in Spring!

Today is just beautiful, the sun is shining flowers are blooming and my hay fever is having a field day! I'm sure many of you are experiencing the runny nose, itchy eyes etc... I'm not going to complain though, I've missed the sun so much. My son even picked a lilac branch for me and left it on my ironing board, what a sweetie. I had mentioned to him the other day that I was wondering if our lilacs were in bloom, and it looks like they are! After a totally frustrating sewing afternoon, what a nice surprise.

Yesterday my hubby and I were out on the prowl again looking for treasure, unfortunately it wasn't real successful, but that also means we didn't spend a lot of money, which isn't a bad thing either. I did hit a sale that was a digger, my favorite. I know a lot of people don't like to dig through stuff, but I think those are the best. I did manage to find these old spools of yarn, it's the strangest yarn I've ever seen, some of it had never been used. It's fun to get a whole group of something, if you know what I mean.

A close up, maybe someone out there knows a little about this yarn.

Well,I better get moving, hubbies making bread and I thought a batch of chocolate chip cookies, with a movie sounded pretty good! And since I'll be making the cookies, I better go for now!

1 comment:

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Great colors!!! Now what are you going to do with all of that yarn?

hugs,
Becky