Saturday, August 2, 2008

Vintage Finds Galore!

DSCN9022

Wow, what a fun morning! My #1 and I had our list of sales to go to but ended up going to just one. We stayed there for two and a half hours. Time flies when you're having fun!

This was one of those sales that doesn't come around very often, a real digger!

IMG_2302

When we walked up the stairs we remembered we had been to the sale once before. The first time though the items were outside they weren't letting anyone in the house. This time they did! It was so fun.

IMG_2310

I didn't think it was going to work out that way as the first item I spotted was an old wood cabinet with lots of drawers. I asked the lady inside what the price was and she asked me what I wanted to pay for it. I hate it when they say that! I told her $20.00. She said that sounded like a good price but that I needed to ask her brother outside. I really didn't want to haul the thing down the stairs if he wouldn't accept. We ended up toting it down anyway, only to find out he wouldn't take $20.00 but he wanted $100.00. Sorry, too rich for my blood!

IMG_2313

Listen, Debbie, keep a smile on your face, there's more.

Well, we did end up finding so many wonderful things as we dug through box after box. Here are a few of the things I purchased. These first pictures are all the boxes covering my kitchen table.

DSCN8971

DSCN8973

After going through the boxes once again, I started to organize each of the items. Here are just a few of the items inside the boxes.

DSCN8984

DSCN8988

DSCN8991

DSCN8996

Yes, another dress form. Isn't she sweet! The vintage flouncy slip was another find at the sale.

DSCN8997

Thank you for stopping by and hearing about my morning!

6 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

Wow Debbie,

that looks like a really good sale. I went to a few garage sales yesterday and found a few cute things, but today was a stay at home, clean and spend time with family day.

Lisa

Shab-n-Chic said...

Woo hoo! Would ya look at that loot!
Let me know if you are selling any of the patterns.... I have a seamstress in the house :) Also love the aqua paper mache tray but I have a strong feeling they may not be going anywhere soon! hahaha.... I got some goodies today too. :)

Iris said...

Sometimes the heavens just open up ain't it grand. It's great when you can find that perfect sale, better than Vegas! Have fun with the stuff,and happy junken trails.

Miss Gracie's House said...

Looks like you had a sucessful weekend, too! I love the sales when you can just keep shopping. I have a dress form just like that-did you see Lisa's (a thing for roses)? If I understand correctly, her "Millie" was like that and she took off the fabric and it was way cool underneath. I'm going to be stripping mine down soon...
Rene'

Rose Garden Romantic said...

You lucky girl!! Look at all those goodies you scored!!
Michelle

Unknown said...

Looks like you hit the mother load. Oh, I love those sales that you have to dig..........